Thursday, July 10, 2008

grandma lundgren, by Jolyn

i don't remember gr-grandma tilda, but, i do remember grandma lundgren....most of my memories are of her after grandpa died...i think i was three when he died....i remember going to her little house on sundays...having cookies...she always had a treat jar....her house was sort of old and creaky....i remember staying overnight there once...it was sort of scary...especially to go downstairs in the basement....i remember grandma touching her toes...she was limber even when she was old....she was so sweet to me...always had a big hug...my dad would tease her always...calling her 'sister lungreen'...must have driven her crazy.....dad would always say that grandma taught our mom to clean really good...must have driven my mom crazy....grandma gave me madame alexander dolls for christmas...i loved them....she wasn't very tall...but, she must have been a strong woman to raise such a great family...they didn't have much but she always seemed happy....she has always been a great example to me...one that i hope to live up to....i'm proud to come from such a wonderful woman...more later...jolyn

No comments: